When it comes to window and door installations, there are no bigger threats than air and moisture infiltration. And there's no better protection than QUAD® FOAM. As an integral part of the QUAD® Window and Door System, QUAD® FOAM is used to insulate and seal around windows and door frames, keeping the elements out of your install and out of your structure.
Quad Fire Block Foam
- High performance foam designed to inhibit the passage of fire and smoke through penetrations
- Tested to UL 723 in accordance with ASTM E84
- Tested in accordance with ASTM E814 (modified)
- Conforms to IRC (International Residential Codes) and IBC (International Building Code), fire blocking requirements
- Closed Cell Structure is flexible and will not crack or dry out
- Orange color identifies OSI® Fire Block as an approved fire block product for Type V-A construction
- 21.1 fl oz (598 ml)
- Orange Tinted
- OSI® Foam Clean
For best Results
Do not store FireBlock Foam on its side. Do not cut foam. The fire-blocking capabilities are greatly compromised if foam is cut or damaged. OSI® Fire Block Foam Does not bond to polyethylene, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)/Teflon or siliconized surfaces. For cold temperature applications, product should be stored above 41°F (5°C) at least 12 hours before application. Should not be used in contact with chimneys, heater vents, steam pipes or other areas which could be subject to surface temperatures greater than 187°F.
OSI Fire Block Foam is used to help prevent the spread of fire and smoke through concealed service penetrations in Type V-A, occupancy group R3 and R5 buildings, in accordance with fire blocking requirements outlined in the International Residential Code and International Building Code. “Fire blocking” is defined by the IBC as the use of approved building materials installed in concealed spaces to resist the migration of fire and hot gases.