OSI® Introduces QUAD® MAX Professional Sealant for Exterior Window, Door and Siding Applications
To meet increasing contractor requirements, groundbreaking flagship product offers unrivaled flexibility,
strength and durability performance
WESTLAKE, Ohio – July 23, 2014 – Today, OSI® announced the availability of QUAD® MAX, the next generation of window, door and siding sealant that offers maximum durability and application performance, helping contractors reduce call-backs and meet the demands of new building practices.
QUAD MAX window, door and siding sealant is a patented new sealant formula that addresses contractor sealant requirements with superior flexibility, strength and durability performance, even in the harshest weather conditions – like freezing temperatures, intense heat, powerful winds, rain, sleet, snow, dirt – and is the flagship product in OSI’s new “Tougher Than the Elements” brand re-launch.
The launch of OSI’s new brand and QUAD MAX follows three years of extensive research and development efforts by Henkel and OSI to solve the various sealant performance challenges expressed by window, door and siding installers.
QUAD MAX offers the following benefits, giving contractors the confidence that their craftsmanship will remain intact:
- Flexibility – 5X stretch and 50 percent joint movement for superior performance and long-term durability even with expansion and contraction of construction materials
- Strength – Strong adhesion to more building materials without primer, including vinyl, fiber cement, brick, stucco, PVC trim, stone, coated aluminum, fiberglass, EIFS, wood, glass, flashing tapes and more – eliminating the possibility of air and moisture infiltration
- Durability – Enhanced UV resistance eliminates discoloration, chalking or cracking, and dust- and dirt-resistance maintains superior aesthetics
- Proven cold and wet surface application – develops a strong bond in both wet and dry conditions
- 24-month shelf life – packaged in a plastic water-resistant cartridge to protect the performance characteristics longer
- Color matching – perfectly color matched to more than 4,600 leading siding and window manufacturers’ color palettes
- 24-hour fast cure and paintable in one hour – provides quick protection against the elements
“It’s on the jobsite, working shoulder-to-shoulder with contractors, where we are inspired to develop products that meet the ever-changing demands and practices of the building industry,” said Bill Sobonya, OSI senior brand manager.
The quality and knowledge inherent in OSI’s products and specialized formulations is well recognized by leaders in the building industry and has gained specification from JELD-WEN windows and James Hardie siding as the recommended sealant to use when installing their products. To further reinforce the performance of its products and demonstrate support of its customers and partners, once a contractor completes installation training and becomes OSI-certified, OSI offers a 15-year warranty on window and door installation and $10,000 per dwelling on new construction.
QUAD MAX will be available at building material dealers and distributors nationwide in August 2014.
For more information on QUAD MAX and to join the OSI Army for product updates and training resources, including access to more than 2,000 training events each year, visit OSI’s new website, www.OSITough.com.
Tradesman who sought better performance from adhesives and sealants on the jobsite founded OSI in 1966. Acquired by Henkel Corporation in 2004, OSI Adhesives and Sealants combines tough real-world jobsite experience and a deep understanding of the trades with the sophisticated global innovation and manufacturing excellence of Henkel Professional and Consumer Adhesives. For more information about QUAD MAX visit www.OSITough.com.
Henkel operates worldwide with leading brands and technologies in three business areas: Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care and Adhesive Technologies. Founded in 1876, Henkel holds globally leading market positions both in the consumer and industrial businesses with well-known brands such as Persil, Schwarzkopf and Loctite. Henkel employs about 47,000 people and reported sales of $21.8 billion and adjusted operating profit of $3.3 billion in fiscal 2013. Henkel’s preferred shares are listed in the German stock index DAX.