OSI® Introduces QUAD® Window & Door System to Simplify Installation While Maximizing Energy Efficiency and Performance
Powered by QUAD® MAX™, advanced and simplified system replaces OSI WINTeQ® Window Installation System
WESTLAKE, Ohio – August 20, 2014 – Today, the OSI brand announced the availability of the new QUAD® Window & Door System to simplify and improve the installation of new and replacement windows and doors while reducing risks associated with energy loss and water penetration.
The QUAD Window & Door System is a compatible installation system that takes confusion out of product selection and contains everything needed to successfully install a new or replacement window or door. Comprised of only three products, the system is powered by QUAD MAX, a patented new sealant formula with superior flexibility, strength and durability performance.
QUAD MAX is the only sealant required in the QUAD Window & Door System and works as a three-in-one interior, exterior and bedding sealant. It replaces all the sealant products from the WINTeQ system: TeQ::Seal®, EP-1000, H2U and QUAD.
QUAD MAX window and door sealant also offers the following benefits, giving contractors the confidence that their craftsmanship will remain intact:
- Flexibility – 5X stretch and 50 percent joint movement for superior performance and long-term durability even with expansion and contraction of construction materials
- Strength – Strong adhesion to more building materials without primer, including vinyl, fiber cement, brick, stucco, PVC trim, stone, coated aluminum, fiberglass, EIFS, wood, glass, flashing tapes and more – eliminating the possibility of air and moisture infiltration
- Durability – Enhanced UV resistance eliminates discoloration, chalking or cracking, and dust- and dirt-resistance maintains superior aesthetics
- Proven cold and wet surface application – develops a strong bond in both wet and dry conditions
- 24-month shelf life – packaged in a plastic water-resistant cartridge to protect the performance characteristics longer
- Color matching – perfectly color matched to more than 4,600 leading siding and window manufacturers’ color palettes
- 24-hour fast cure and paintable in one hour – provides quick protection against the elements
In addition to QUAD MAX, the QUAD Window & Door System includes OSI Butyl Flash Tape and QUAD foam window and door installation foam, which is specifically designed to seal the rough opening of a window or door, including gaps, cracks, holes and voids. As an innovation from Henkel, the world’s largest producer of foam, QUAD foam also provides:
- Low foam pressure/expansion – will not warp or deform windows and doors
- Quick setting formulation – can be cut or trimmed in less than one hour
- Cold temperature application – as low as 14°F
- Insulation value of R5/inch – superior protection against air and moisture infiltration and expensive warm and cold air loss between windows and rough frame
- Adhesion to all types of building materials – including wood, concrete and drywall and is compatible with asphalt and butyl flexible flashing
- GREENGUARD® certified and complies with all federal and state VOC regulations
The quality and knowledge inherent in OSI’s products and specialized formulations is well recognized by the building industry, including industry leader JELD-WEN, Inc., as the recommended sealant to use when installing their products. To further reinforce the performance of its products and demonstrate support of its customers and partners, once a contractor completes installation training and becomes OSI-certified, OSI products offer a 15-year warranty on window and door installation and $10,000 per dwelling on new construction.
The QUAD Window & Door System is available at building material dealers and distributors nationwide.
For more information on the QUAD Window & Door System, QUAD MAX or to join the OSI Army for product updates and training resources, including access to more than 2,000 training events each year, visit OSI’s new website, www.OSITough.com.
Tradesman who sought better performance from adhesives and sealants on the jobsite founded OSI in 1966. Acquired by Henkel Corporation in 2004, OSI Adhesives and Sealants combines tough real-world jobsite experience and a deep understanding of the trades with the sophisticated global innovation and manufacturing excellence of Henkel Professional and Consumer Adhesives. For more information about QUAD MAX visit www.OSITough.com.
Henkel operates worldwide with leading brands and technologies in three business areas: Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care and Adhesive Technologies. Founded in 1876, Henkel holds globally leading market positions both in the consumer and industrial businesses with well-known brands such as Persil, Schwarzkopf and Loctite. Henkel employs about 47,000 people and reported sales of $21.8 billion and adjusted operating profit of $3.3 billion in fiscal 2013. Henkel’s preferred shares are listed in the German stock index DAX.